At the beginning of November 2012, I made a very concerted effort to tackle over $13k of credit card debt, calling it “Project FUCCD!” for “F*ck U, credit card debt!” and successfully managed to stomp it down to zero by the end of August 2013.
I attribute a lot of my success to committing to blog about it once a month, on the first Friday of each month. (First Fridays FUCCD!) Maybe only 2 other people ever read my updates, but because they were published on the interwebs, I imagined it was 2 gazillion people reading. The original Project FUCCD updates were published on my ex-boyfriend’s collaborative blog, Life Moves Fast. Although we broke up within a week of my first post, I had committed to my first Friday updates and stuck with them as I found they really helped keep me accountable.
Now that Project FUCCD is over, and I eventually became the only person to still write for the ex’s blog, I figured it was time to move on to my own space on the interwebs for the next adventure in tackling student loan debt. Here are the links to my monthly updates and outstanding balances:
- 11/2/2012: The declaration. $13,148
- 12/7/2012: November report. $11,786
- 1/4/2013: December report. $10,777
- 2/1/2013: January report. $8,969
- 3/1/2013: February report. $8,576
- 4/5/2013: March report. $6,876
- 5/3/2013: April report. $5,601
- 6/7/2013: May report. $4,544
- 7/8/2013: June report. $3,580
- 8/18/2013: July report. $2,455
- 9/6/2013: August report. $0!
Or just read the entire archives here, tagged FUCCD.